Trip to Ecuador: It was a most rewarding trip to Ecuador to preach for Pastor, Missionary Arian Molina (Cuban national working in Ecuador). I held a marriage conference and then preached high in the Andes (11,400 feet) to students of the Bible Institute. Pastor Cesar of that church decided to include the whole congregation in these special classes and their response to the teaching was rewarding. The choir sung in Spanish and Quichua, what a blessing! While in Ecuador we had 5 that were saved, one of those saved was a Cuban doctor that is going to defect to Ecuador. My heart longs for the day that King Jesus will rule and reign upon this earth…so much injustice today, but one day the true Judge will reign!
Trip to South America: Soon I will make a trip to Paraguay, to meet with pastors and those concerned about a new translation in the Guarani language. My trip will consist of meeting these pastors and churches and challenge, encourage and assist them in the process of starting a new translation. If they are in agreement early 2019 we will hold a translation conference. Please pray with us about this needed project.
Prayer Request: Chinese translation…Printing and shipping of the Ewe translation of Togo, West Africa…Distribution of Isan NT for Thailand...Arabic Bibles for refugees...Translation progress of the Telugu whole Bible for India…Deaf Bible completion…Paraguay and India trips…Pray that God gives me strength and health to carry on this worthy task.
Thank you for standing with us. Our love and prayers are with all of you.
Ewe John and Romans: The review process for John and Romans in Ewe by the translation team in Togo and the graphics designer is finished. The files for the booklet and the cover have been submitted to the printer. This has been a laborious process and involves far more than you may think. Here are the steps we have been through:
1) First, we and the Togolese had to see the need and get a vision for the translation.
2) We held a Bible translation conference to stir up the leaders to do to this work, wherein several committed themselves to be involved.
3) The translation team had to be assembled and organized. This took some time.
4) Then, the 15 member translation team did the translation of John and Romans over a period of a year or so.
5) We returned to Togo to help the team begin the process of reviewing, checking, and editing.
6) The team finished the review over the next several months.
7) Next came the typing and formatting of the translation for printing.
8) The funds for printing had to be raised.
9) Finally, we are anticipating the culmination of all this work in the printing starting in August.
10) Lastly, we will ship the books and they will be distributed in Togo.
11) And, the translation work will proceed.
There has been a lot of long distance work going on to bring this to pass. There has been a lot of work to raise the funds necessary and to coordinate the project. There has been a lot of communication between ourselves and the Pastor and graphic artist at South Metropolitan Bible Baptist Church in Quebec, Canada and the team in Togo and the printer in Cincinnati. There is a great deal left to do as you can see since numbers 9-11 above are still in process. Just this morning, I had to work with the printer and the graphic artist to get adjustments made to the cover. Please pray for us and everyone involved that God will bring it all to a successful conclusion and that He will use the John and Romans booklets to bring many thousands to Christ. I expect that about 200,000 French-Ewe John-Romans booklets will be printed along with about 2500 whole French Bibles of the latest revision of the Ostervald French Version.